The Opportunist: Ultimate How to Play Sombra, Counters, Abilities Guide
What can Sombra hack? How does her ultimate exactly work? Who are Sombra's counters and how the hell do you play her? You will find everything here.
But before that: UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU'RE NOT ACTIVELY COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR TEAM IN RANKED, YOU ARE BEING THE PROBLEM AND SHOULD NOT PLAY HER.
OVERVIEW & STRATEGY
Stealth and debilitating attacks make Sombra a powerful infiltrator. Her hacking can disrupt her enemies, ensuring they’re easier to take out, while her EMP provides the upper hand against multiple foes at once. Sombra’s ability to Translocate and camouflage herself makes her a hard target to pin down.
Sombra is classified as Offense, but that's like labeling Symmetra as a Support. Sombra doesn't excel in dishing out damage like Tracer does, even if their kits looks similar - the uzi just can't output that much reliable DPS. So, what's your role on a team?
Your primary role is a Support / Offense = Disruptor character. It may sound weird, but let me explain.
There are 3 situations you as Sombra should be finding yourself in:
1) Cleaning up a low HP enemy thanks to your passive (Offense)
2) Hacking Medpacks close to usual fight locations (Support)
3) Helping your teammates survive and win their fights by hacking and finishing off their opponents from unexpected locations (Support)
YOU ARE NOT AN INITIATOR NOR ASSASSIN, YOU ARE AN OPPORTUNIST
Being an opportunist means:
- you choose your fights
- you only attack people that can't strike back, don't know where your are, or are severely hampered
- you are playing unfair by hacking enemies in their honor fights with your teammates and changing the rules of the battlefield
- you never rush into a fight you know you can't win easily.
Sombra is 2 parts Support, 1 part Offense hero. She manipulates the battlefield to her and her team's advantage, while helping her teammates win 1v1 battles. She's able to deal nice damage alone if you can aim, but she's not going to out-DPS other offense characters in 1v1 usually - but maybe you're fighting around a hacked Medpack, striking from an unexpected place thanks to your Translocator or the enemy is below 50% HP?
These are the fights you should take and if you can't play like this, Sombra isn't for you.
MORE READING: Best equipment Overwatch pros use and you should too
Sombra’s fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range spread.
DAMAGE: 8 per bullet, 160 DPS (if each shot hits)
MAGAZINE SIZE: 60
SPREAD: High, with falloff range of 35 to 55 meters
Using Sombra's main attack effectively boils down to 2 things: be close & track well. Her gun doesn't have any recoil, so it's pretty easy to aim, but she has almost half DPS compared to Tracer. The high spread also means that you won't hit headshots consistently if you aren't almost in a melee distance, so you really need to fight close-range.
Don't let that scare you away from shooting at airborne Pharah though - you can damage her pretty easily and even kill her if you're no more than 5 - 6 meters away!
Best targets for your ticklegun are tanks and heroes with easy to hit hitboxes such as Zenyatta, Torbjorn and Pharah.
PRO TIP: When you see an enemy through your passive, plop down Translocator, enable Thermoptic Camo and rush to finish him close range. Teleport back, mission accomplished.
Sombra hacks enemies to temporarily stop them from using their abilities, Torbjorn's turrets to stop functioning or hacks first aid kits to make them useless to her opponents.
COOLDOWN: 8 seconds
RANGE: 15 meters
NEEDS LINE OF SIGHT?: yes
CANCELLED ON TAKING ANY DAMAGE
SHOWS HACKED ENEMY'S ULT AVAILABILITY & HP TO YOUR TEAM
CASTING TIME: 0.8 seconds
DURATION: 6 seconds on enemy abilities, 10 seconds on a turret, 60 seconds on a Medpack
HACKABLE: Medpacks, enemy heroes, Torb's turret
BREAKS INVISIBILITY?: Yes
WHAT THE HECK DOES HACK EXACTLY DO?
Think of Sombra's hack as McCree's Flashbang without taking control of the character from his player. Hacked enemy can't use active abilities and those that are already underway will be cancelled, just like with Flashbang.
The only exception is that while FB renders you completely useless, with hack you can still move, shoot and therefore passive abilities still work. So don't expect to hack Genji's double jump, Reaper's Soul Collection or Torb's Scrap Generation.
Hacking an enemy shows your entire team his health and if he has an ultimate or not, but doesn't show you his ultimate charge.
If you hack a Medpack it becomes unavailable to the enemy team and respawns 3x times faster for your team. You can't hack a Medpack hacked by an enemy Sombra. You can have any number of hacked Medpacks at the same time + hacking a Medpack again refreshes the hack duration.
PRO TIP: Hack from unexpected places, or when the enemy is engaged in a fight with somebody else. Otherwise, he's just going to shoot you in the face.
PRO TIP 2: Hack the Medpack closest to a fight you know will break out and put your Translocator on it to teleport there instantly. Just care for devious Junkrats who like to trap them and blow you up.
PRO TIP 3: When you heal yourself or an ally with a hacked Medpack, you gain ultimate charge! Do it often.
PRO TIP 4: Don't hack enemies that can kill you without abilities (Soldier) and in 1v1 fights if they see you.
WARNING: You can't hack from invisibility, first you have to de-cloak. It's a bummer, but it would be too OP and annoying.
REDDIT QUESTION by kazinsser: Does hacking an ability prevent it from charging its cooldown? Does it get frozen?
ANSWER: Nope, the only thing that is disabled is the option to fire the ability again. Cooldowns progress normally.
Get awesome Overwatch Swag & support this site
Do you like this guide? I bet you do.
Well, I'd love to create even bigger, even better guides, in even bigger numbers.
If you'd like to support us, consider clicking here and check out awesome Overwatch swag we've been designing. Profits go to non-profit that covers our maintenance costs!
Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time, during which her speed is boosted considerably. Attacking, using offensive abilities, or taking damage disables her camouflage.
COOLDOWN: 6 seconds, starts after breaking invis
CLOAKING TIME: 0.5 seconds
DECLOAKING TIME: 0.5 seconds (you can't do anything except move during this period)
DURATION: 6 seconds
SPEED INCREASE: to around 8m / sec (Soldier Sprint)
DETECTABLE BY ANYTHING?: Widow ultimate, Hanzo Sonic Arrow, Torb and Symmetra turrets if you get too close (melee distance)
CAN RELOAD WHILE CLOAKED?: Yes
CAN USE EMOTES WHILE CLOAKED?: no :(
TAKING ANY DAMAGE CANCELS CLOAKING AND INVIS
GETTING TO MELEE DISTANCE OF TURRETS MAKES THEM ABLE TO DETECT YOU
HOW DOES SOMBRA'S THERMOPTIC CAMO WORK?
The invis you get from TC is a hard invis, meaning that nothing and nobody is able to detect you, except for random damage, getting to melee distance of turrets, and reveal skills (Hanzo, Widow), which show your silhouette. Also, when you come too close to an enemy, they can see you and will probably shoot you.
TC gives you a very nice speed boost, which you should use for getting where you need faster - this means farther jumping distance as well. Cooldown is just 6 seconds and the invis can't be used consistently as an escape tool for its cloaking period upon which the enemy will just start shooting at you, so don't be afraid to use it offensively or as a repositioning tool.
You can't use TC as an escape tool consistently, because as soon as you start cloaking the enemy will cancel it by shooting you. Try getting behind a corner and popping it there!
Or you can try this little trick - throw your Translocator as high as you can, teleport to it at its highest peak and turn on Thermoptic Camo there. Yoour enemies will have to spray around to find you and you just might escape.
When you take damage, use an ability - except Translocator - or try to shoot, you will enter a decloaking period of 0.75 sec, when you can't do anything much. This decloaking period can be canceled by teleporting with a Translocator.
PRO TIP: Due to the decloaking period when you can't fire or use abilities always be wary of this fact and "buffer" your action by clicking it again and holding. One click to decloak, another to buffer.
Sombra tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active (including when it’s in mid-flight).
COOLDOWN: 6 seconds, starts when you teleport or after 15 seconds of casting
DURATION: you have 15 seconds to teleport to Translocator location, otherwise it's cancelled
NEEDS LINE OF SIGHT?: no, you can teleport anytime to any translocator location
CASTING TIME: instant
BREAKS INVISIBILITY?: no
Leaves a trail pointing to your teleport location.
HOW TO USE TRANSLOCATOR PROPERLY
You can think of your Translocator like a different version of Tracer's Recall. First, you throw it somewhere - anywhere - and from that moment you have 15 seconds to teleport to its location by pressing its hotkey again. The Translocator itself can be anywhere on its trajectory, even mid-air. If you miss the window, you'll be stuck where you are currently (which often means surrounded by enemies), so pay attention to it!
Translocator also doesn't persist after you die. (Asked by Turmammal)
One of the best ways to use Translocator effectively is to invis, assasinate 1 - 2 key targets and teleport back to your team or on a Medpack.
The other best way is to throw it somewhere where you gain superior positioning, such as above and behind enemies or in unexpected flanks. When you teleport, the cooldown kicks in, so you can gain the position, wait 2 - 3 seconds and attack. In another 2 seconds you can throw the TL somewhere into safety in case you need to escape.
Using Translocator doesn't break invisibility, so you can plop one down even while running invisible through enemy territory without them noticing, if they don't see the thingy flying through the air.
PRO TIP: Put your Translocator down to a safe place, get behind enemy lines in invisibility, hack their closest big Medpack and teleport back. Now you have almost instant heals near the point!
PRO TIP 2: Put a Translocator down, cloak, get behind the enemy, EMP and teleport back.
PRO TIP 3: If the enemy is good at quickly countering you when decloaking, throw a TL above their heads, teleport, EMP and hope your team will save you - or Ana can Nanoboost + Zarya bubble you. Nanoboosted Sombra with good aim is scary.
CHEEKY TIP: Get behind the enemy lines in invis, put a Translocator down somewhere behind their supports' backs and run back. Now when your team attacks, you get them from behind!
TOP 10 Sombra Techs
Sombra discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.
CASTING TIME: Instant
RANGE: 10 m radius
DURATION: 6 seconds
LINE OF SIGHT NEEDED?: Yes
BREAKS ALL SHIELDS AND BARRIERS, HACKS EVERYONE HIT. SHIELDS BEHIND REINHARDT'S AND WINSTON'S BARRIERS ARE DESTROYED TOO. ZARYA BUBBLES BLOCK EMP FROM DESTROYING THE SHIELDS, BUT NOT FROM A FOLLOWUP HACK.
ULTIMATE CHARGE RATE: 2 SECONDS PER 1% ULTIMATE CHARGE PASSIVE RATE, 50% ULTIMATE CHARGE PER FULL WEAPON CLIP
On the ultimate charge rate
If you're familiar with the concept of "silence" in games, there you have it. EMP is a silence ultimate which hits everyone caught in Sombra's line of sight and not protected by invulnerability like Zen is while ulting, Zarya bubble or Mei's Ice Block / Ice Wall.
As a nice bonus to the silence effect, everybody hit by an EMP loses their shit...I meant shields. And barriers. This means that all Symmetra's shields are lost, all shields from Lucio ultimate are lost, Zarya loses half her HP and Zen is left with just 50 HP - even if hiding behind a Reinhard or Winston's barrier. Zarya bubble is an exception as it provides an invulnerability of sorts and is destroyed instead of the victim's shields.
So basically, you always want to combo EMP with another big ultimate. Think EMP + Earthshatter or Nerf this! + EMP when enemies huddle behind Rein shield.
If enemies play Zen, ALWAYS kill him after EMPing. If no Zen, kill Zarya. And of course Mercy, 'cause she can't fly now.
PRO TIP: Throw your TL above enemy push, EMP and get Nanoboosted. GG.
Sombra is always looking for an opportunity to make her life easier. If an enemy is ready to be finished (below 50% health) she can see him across the whole map even through walls and leverage the situation.
KICKS IN: Enemy under 50% health
CAN DETECT INVISIBLE SOMBRA UNDER 50% HP?: No
HOW TO USE OPPORTUNIST?
As Sombra, you don't dish out so much damage so you can just assasinate anybody in 1 second like a Tracer can. But - you can hunt somebody who was hurt in the fight down, end him and teleport back.
PRO TIP: People usually don't expect this yet - have fun!
MORE READING: How to make the best website of 2017 in the cheapest and laziest way possible (I created this one in 4 hours and $30 with no coding or designer training)
WHAT CAN AND CAN'T SOMBRA HACK?
Under "hack" we mean Hack ability or EMP. EMP is a normal Hack + a bonus of destroying enemy barriers and shields. When you're hacked you cannot activate ANYTHING except passive and weapon skills.
Rule no.1: Sombra can hack every non-passive ability that is not tied to your weapon - such as Mercy's Caduceus Staff - even if it doesn't make sense. By non-passive ability I mean the ability that is represented by an "ability card" on your screen.
Rule no.2: Every passive ability works even if hacked.
Rule no.3: Hack is a stun that doesn't disable movement or control - so every ability that can be stunned normally (Roadhog heal, Reinhardt charge) can also be "stunned" by a hack.
Rule no.4: "Set and forget" ultimates like Mei, Hanzo, Zarya or transformation ultimates are not affected in their duration - Genji, Torbjorn, but if you're hacked you can't activate them. Channeling ultimates - McCree, Reaper, Pharah are immediately CANCELED.
Hacking exceptions and matchup - specific tips
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO 1v1 ANYONE IF NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED HERE, OR IF HE ISN'T UNDER 50% HP
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL MATCHUP
If Genji gets a jump on you, he'll probably win, plus he can just spam Fan to reveal you if he suspects you're around. On the other hand, if you manage to hack him before engaging, he loses Swift Strike, which severely impacts his mobility and DPS potential. Hack him when he's Deflecting!
- hacked Genji can't dash, which severely limits his mobility. Instead of shooting him when jumping around with your big spread, hack him if he's attacking a teammate - it will make it easier for your team to put him down
- Dash is Genji's core ability when ulting, try to disable it - you can't disable his ult
MATCHUP LEVEL: HARD
Don't let McCree see you or Flashbang you and you'll be alright. If he's low, he's an easy pick from behind - he can Flashbang the ground to get you, but he won't be often quick enough to do a 180 and a headshot too before you finish him. You can always hack him beforehand to get that extra layer of security.
- hacked McCree can't Flashbang you, but he kills you in 2 shots if he's good. Stay away until you can get him from behind, he's got a nice hitbox model
- Deadeye is a channeled ult, turn him off when he doesn't see you while casting it
- Deadeye can't track you while invisible and if he locks on you, you will lose him if you turn invisible
MATCHUP LEVEL: HARD
Soldier has sustain, burst, mobility and a small-ish model. This makes him very hard to kill if he's not severely impaired + he can just burst you down in a few seconds. Be very sure you can take him before you attempt it! Always hack him if you want to assasinate him and suspect he has Biotic Field.
- even if the Helix Rocket is kinda weapon-based, it's still hacked and unusable
- he can Sprint even if hacked if he's Sprinting at the time of hack
- Tactical Visor Ultimate IS NOT CANCELLED. Doesn't track you in invis
- all in all, Soldier counters you pretty hard with his spray, heal and burst, stay away most of the time
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL MATCHUP
Pharah can't do anything to you if she doesn't see you, but a random splash damage can always hit. The same applies to you though, you can't really do anything to her if she's flying very high apart from a cheeky Translocator jump and a burst. She's pretty easy to hit thanks to her generous hitbox though, so don't forget to spray her way if you're close-ish, you just might finish her off.
- right click hover jets are not hackable, she can still hover in the air, but not use her jump thrust
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
You make Tracer's life hell. When she dives your backline and you hack her, byebye Tracer. She also relies on Medpacks, which you also hack. Hack her when she's reloading and she's dead. Just don't 1v1 her, her guns are still stronger than yours.
- hacked Tracer is a dead Tracer, but don't try to hack her in 1v1, just run
- hack as many Medpacks as possible in a game against Tracer, she will be a sad Tracer too
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
Bastion is one of the easiest heroes to disrupt for Sombra. Just get invisible, get behind him real close and hack him. Recon mode Bastion is kinda useless.
- hacking a Bastion in Sentry mode switches him back to Recon mode
- hacking or ulting a Tank mode Bastion does exactly NADA, ZERO
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL MATCHUP
If you manage to hack him before he Wraiths away, he'll be like "SOMBRAAAAAA". Also, disabling his ult is funny and easy. But if he manages to shoot you from up-close, bye. Don't try to go around him in invis, he'll shred you if you get too close.
- not hackable in Wraith Form
- hack him fast if you think he's going to wraith way from your teammate, it'll be fun
- can 2 shot you if he knows where you are
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL / HARD
His Sonic arrow reveals you - but only if he has a direct line of sight. If he sees you first, you're better of running. If he doesn't and you get a jump on him, he can still 1-shot you with a Scatter arrow, due to how long you kill people.
- if you start hacking Hanzo just before he starts casting his ultimate, it will be canceled
- if you start hacking Hanzo AFTER he starts casting his ultimate, it WILL NOT BE CANCELED
- hacked Hanzo can't switch arrows, but he will not be deterred
- Sonic Arrow reveals you in your invis if he has line of sight!
- but, he's a sniper and if he sees you, you should run or invis
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY / HARD
You just can't get to a good Widow. She will be out of your reach and even if not, she'll stand on her Venom Mine or cover your access route with it. Her ult destroys your plans completely and she can 1 shot you while you hunt her teammates. If she's not that good though, you can often sneak upon her from behind and unload your mag into the back of her head.
- Widow can see you during her ult even while invisible and you can't stop it!
- Widow can kill you in 1 headshot
- Widow can get to points you can't without being seen or heard and will just grapple away laughing if you try to attack her
- Widow is bad for you
- Widow has better ass than you do
- Eat your cake
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY / SKILL
If you manage to hack her from behind before she sleeps you, Ana is easy pickings - if you have good aim. The old lady has a terrible hitbox. A good Ana will be fast with her sleep too, so don't get cocky. Disabling grenade and sleep dart is valuable for your team, so prioritize that first.
- wait out the biotic grenade, it hurts
- if she hits you with the sleep dart, you're a dead Latina
- don't show up on her radar when she's got nobody to heal, she will snipe you
- you can hack her from behind if she's doing something else and then try to annoy / kill her in close range so she can't heal her teammates
MATCHUP LEVEL: HARD
Spam kills you. Traps kill you. Mine kills you. His passive kills you. His ult is very complicated to stop for you. He will trap your hacked Medpacks. Even a mediocre Junkrat will make you pay for your mistakes.
- if you manage to hack Junkrat precisely between his ultimate casting start and the moment he deploys the Rip - Tire, the Rip - Tire will be destroyed. Otherwise his ultimate cannot be hacked
- be very careful when playing against a Junkrat - his spam kills you, he bombs your hacked Medpacks, he needs just 1 hit + mine to kill you in a close quarters fight and the ults are not easily countered. Probably the second best counter to Sombra
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL
Playing against a good Mei will ruin your day if you try to kill her. Her Ice Wall blocks everything you have, Ice block makes her invulnerable to hacks and EMP, plus she can just spam primary fire if she suspects you're there and she wins a 1v1. She's a primary hack target though, so keep your distance and hack away!
- we already established that you can't stop "trigger" ultimates, so stop asking. Nope, you're out of luck
- Mei entering Ice Block will cancel your hacking attempt
- She will spray around if she thinks you're there, plus her Ice Block and Ice Wall ruin your ults. Wait until the wall is on cooldown or she's hacked
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
Yes, you can make his turret useless for 10 seconds, but a good Torb will just plop down another if he notices. You also can't hack it alone, because it will notice you and stop the hack by shooting you in the face. Your EMP also does nothing to Molten Core (it still disables the MC'd turret, which is sweet). He's got a super easy to hit hitbox, which means you can kill him when coming out of invis without help.
- Molten Core gives the Torb ARMOR, not SHIELDS, so he's completely unaffected by your silly hacks. How positively medieval
- it's very hard to hack his turret if it sees you, don't try it
- Torb can just plop down a new turret if you hack his first one
- getting to a melee distance of his turret makes it shoot at you and kick you out of invis
MATCHUP LEVEL: SKILL
D.VA can prevent you from hacking just by looking at you and pressing fire, so don't be in her line of sight much. Also, she can just boost through you if she suspects you're close and spray around. You also do almost no damage to her armor. If she ults, you can't stop it. But, you can disable her Shield Matrix and Boosts when she's tanking for her team, which is very valuable and makes her a sitting duck.
- D.VA mech becomes immune to Sombra when she's out, so if you try to hack it while it charges, you're probably gonna explode
- hacked D.VA can still explode her mech if it gets destroyed
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
You are his counter. Disable his shield from a weird angle and teleport away. Suddenly, he's a walking - no shield - melee only ultimate charge for you and your team. Just don't get smashed by the hammer.
- if you didn't know, his Charge is a stunnable skill, so you can hack him out of it
- you can't hack him through his shield, if you want to disable it, you got to go around him
- EMP destroys his shield completely and as a bonus hacks everyone behind it...hard counter
- Earthshatter can't be stopped by your hacking, too fast
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY / SKILL
You disable his heals and ult, which is nice and he becomes a big big ultimate charge for you. He's easy, just don't get hooked, stay in the sweet spot where he can't kill you neither with primary nor secondary fire and you'll get around 40% ult charge from him.
- you can't stop the hook once it's been thrown
- you can stop Roadie from healing by hacking him, do that when he's in 1v1 fight, but not with you - you are getting hooked and shot little lady
- since many people asked - yes, his ulti is a channel and thus can be hacked
MATCHUP LEVEL: DEPENDS
Winston doesn't counter you so hard as everyone thinks. If you're playing correctly, you have a Translocator ready + if you stand on a big hacked Medpack, he can't kill you. You can safely kite him and build ult, like Tracer does. Oh and hacked Winston is a dead Winston - do it when he jumps in your team.
- his barrier doesn't block your EMP from anything, you're a hard counter to it
- his primary weapon reveals you instantly when he sweeps with it, stay clear
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
Zarya doesn't like you. You disable her biggest strength - bubbles and if you EMP her, she's a 200 HP tank on the frontlines. Abuse her.
- her bubbles block your hacks. If she bubbles anyone or herself while you're hacking, it will end the hacking process
- if you ulti a bubbled enemy, it will destroy the bubble, give Zarya 40% charge and hack the target, but it will not destroy their shields
- when ulted and not bubbled, she loses HALF her HP, try to make it happen
MATCHUP LEVEL: SHIT ON HIS PARADE
Going against Lucio as Sombra is guaranteed to be fun. He can't kill you and you can just bully him around. You also completely negate his ultimate and if you manage to hack him while he's casting it in the air, he'll lose it altogether.
- his ultimate shields CANNOT BE REMOVED WITH HACK, BUT CAN BE REMOVED WITH EMP
- when hacked, he can't switch between healing and speed, but there is a bug that allows him to when using "hold shift to crossfade"
- when EMP'd, everyone loses their shields from Soundbarrier
- if Lucio is in mid air when casting his ult, and is either hacked OR EMPed on the way down, you will cancel his ult and he will have his ult charge reset
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
You eat supports for breakfast and Mercy's not an exception. Hack her so she can't fly away and kill her. Beware, her pistol does a surprising amount of damage. Also, EMP her as soon as you see her flying towards her team to rez. Heroes most certainly die.
- if hacked or EMP'd, she can't fly and that is probably all
- nope, you can't cancel a rez that has been already cast
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
Very tasty character model and hitbox. No mobility. He can't really see you when you strike + when EMP'd he loses 75% of his health. He's a pushover.
- ULT CAN'T BE STOPPED - Zen is invulnerable while in Transcendence
- if you discord Sombra and she goes invis, she stays discorded, but you can't see her nor the discord marker
MATCHUP LEVEL: EASY
You are her biggest counter right now. You have no problems infiltrating her base and killing the teleport or shield generator, plus EMPing shielded enemies destroys those shields, making her generator useless + it disables her turrets.
She can lock onto you while you're invisible if you're really close while she's shooting and her turrets can detect you if you get too close as well, but you should have no problems with killing her. If she manages to endanger you by locking onto you with her beam, just port away.
- there is nothing of importance you can do to Symmetra with hacking, hack somebody else
- getting to a melee distance of her turrets make them shoot at you and kick you out of invis
Credit goes to awesome Redditor Shige_!
First flank: https://gfycat.com/BrokenLazyAmberpenshell
This is the one of the only useful flanks on Gibraltar and in my opinion it is one of the best flanks that I have found, it is incredibly useful but it can be tricky to line up because the invisible wall of the roof extends about a foot above it.
First Flank: https://gfycat.com/SimpleScarceBluefish
This flank is fairly situational and would require communication from your team (ex. if the enemy team just pushed in as you left spawn you could use this practically, or if you're suicidal you can do it while they're at the choke point and ult them), it is fairly easy to mess up (you will end up on the roof and you'll slide onto the top of the choke point) so practice it in a custom match until you get it down. I could not find a way to do this one from the attacker side unfortunately (I am still trying).
Second flank: https://gfycat.com/CoarseAdorableAlaskanmalamute
Fairly basic flank, the hardest part about it is getting it onto the first platform because the Translocator loves to bounce all over the fuckin' place.
Third flank: https://gfycat.com/TepidInfamousGrouper
Going from the defender side this time, probably more useful than the first flank in most situations, make sure you see your view 'pop up' when you stand on the pillar thingie.
Fourth flank: https://gfycat.com/BlueHandmadeBigmouthbass
I don't know if this is very useful if you are outside of your cloak but hey, doesn't hurt to show it off.
(Note: there are a lot of invisible walls on this map, these are the only 3 useful flanks i found, also the last flank requires two Translocators)
First flank: https://gfycat.com/AptRemoteAustraliankestrel
I figure this will be the most useful when the enemy team pushes the cart up the the arch or past it, gives you a good opportunity to ult them.
Second flank: https://gfycat.com/GreedyDifficultHumpbackwhale
This flank is just a modified version of the regular flank that's there, going this way though gives you a lot more cover and allows you to catch anyone coming in from spawn.
Third flank: https://gfycat.com/VibrantFarflungDaddylonglegs
This one is probably the most useless flank of the bunch that i've found, but I figure it could not hurt to show it off.
First flank: https://gfycat.com/SelfishTartDrongo
This flank can also be modified if you aim more towards the middle of the opening and don't jump while throwing it the Translocator will land in the doorway of the building.
First flank: https://gfycat.com/DependentApprehensiveAngelfish
Sorry that I did not show what I was standing on here, it is the middle of first car you see at the choke point (I believe it is blue if you need more clarification), you probably want to do this one while cloaked.
Second flank: https://gfycat.com/RepentantUnpleasantBarnswallow